Universal polymeric strengthened adhesive cement of double curing.
It is intended for cementing inlays and onlays, and is also used as a basis for the erection of a composite stump. F&A Duacem is also recommended for fixing fiber splinting systems, metal, fiberglass and carbon fiber pins and veneers.
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
- Cementation of inlays and onlays.
- Cementation of fiber splinting systems, metal, fiberglass and carbon fiber pins and veneers.
- Fixation of indirect restorations.
- As a basis for the construction of composite stump.
- Cementation of stump inlays.
- Fixation of adhesive bridges.
- Insoluble in oral fluids.
- Contains fluorides.
- Radio contrast material.
- Thixotropic with excellent flow characteristics.
- Possesses extremely small film thickness (less than 8 microns) and a high filler content.
- Possesses excellent adhesion to dental tissues, metal and ceramics.
- Universal shade CHM (Chameleon).
- System: paste/paste.
METHOD OF USING:
- During bonding procedures, careful control of oral fluids is needed to prevent contamination of the prepared are and of light-cured cement. Good result s can be achieved by using cofferdam, retraction of the gums by threads and cotton rollers in combination with the evacuation system (saliva ejector).
- Place equal amount of Paste A and Paste B on a mixing pad.
- Mix two Pastes for about 20 seconds until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.’
- If a clinical case requires only chemical curing, then the material’s working time at a temperature of 23 °C is 120 seconds. Full curing of the material occurs after 6 – 8 minutes. In the case of light curing, the cement reaches strength after 20-30 seconds of irradiation.
- Apply a thin layer of the mixed paste on the restoration and on the surface of the cavity and place the restoration into the cavity. Avoid applying excess material onto the restoration as well as onto the walls of the cavity.
- Remove excess material with an appropriate tool. Avoid excessive removal of the material especially at the border of restoration and cavity. A slight excess of material may be left, if necessary.
- Cure the material with a curing lamp in places where it is possible. While fixing ceramic or composite restorations, cure F&A Duacem by directing the lamp light through the restoration.
- During the fixation of restoration in this way a longer exposure time is required. The exposure time depends on the thickness of the restoration
- To prevent the formation of the layer inhibited by oxygen use a barrier gel.
Downloads flyer F&A DUACEM Instruction for use F&A DUACEM