F&A HEMOSTAT GEL
Highly effective hemostatic – gel based on 25% aluminum sulfate.
F&A Hemostat Gel is used for retraction of gums, for stopping bleeding and reducing inflammation associated with the process of taking impressions in class V restorations, etc. It can also be used to reduce gingival fluid secretion when fixing indirect adhesive restorations. F&A Hemostat Gel is intended for topical use and can be used with any retraction threads. It does not stain the areas of preparation and tooth tissue.
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
- Gum retraction.
- Stopping the release of gum fluids and blood.
- Reducing of inflammation.
- Very effective gum retraction.
- Complete hemostasis.
- Decreasing of gingival fluid secretion during the fixation of indirect adhesive restorations.
- Reduction of inflammation associated with the procedure of taking impressions, during class V restorations, as well as with other problems associated with the control of gingival fluids.
- Local application.
- It is used with both impregnated and non-impregnated threads.
- It does not stain the areas to be prepared and tooth tissue.
METHOD OF USING:
- Attach the delivery tip to the syringe.
- Squeeze a thin strip of the gel onto the bleeding areas of the mucosa.
- Select the thread of the necessary size and pack it into a gel.
- Wait 2 – 6 minutes.
- In case if the bleeding continues wash the area with water with a water-air gun and then apply the gel again.
- Remove the thread.
- Rinse and dry the treated area.
- Take the impressions following the generally accepted methods.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS:
- Avoid contact of the gel with skin and eyes as this may cause a burning sensation or irritation. If contact occurs wash the area with plenty of water. In case of ingestion of the gel induce vomiting or seek for medical help.
- It is recommended to use a double-thread packaging technique. First pack a small thread an then a larger one. A small thread can be left while the impression is taken and then should be removed.