F&A MerFill Bond SE
MerFill Bond SE contains phosphoric acid methacrylate esters and maleic acid-modified methacrylates which being placed in aqueous surroundings will provide the moderate etching the surfaces of dentin and enamel to allow for the chemical and micromechanical bonding of a restorative material to tooth tissue.
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
- Self-etching adhesive system for restoring all classes of cavities (according to Black) with the use of composite and compomer restorative materials (including flowing materials).
- Adhesive system for fixing indirect restorations with composite and compomer materials and ceramics with the use of composite double-curing cements.
- Protective varnish for the cervical areas of the teeth.
- Guarantees a simple, fast and economical application technique.
- Contains components that provide elasticity when working with all types of composites by creating an elastic hybrid layer. Such elastic hybrid layer reduces the risk of microleakage due to high elasticity and resistance to kinking. It also contains surfactants (surface active co-polymerized components) that facilitate penetration of the resin into the dentinal tubules.
- A special co-polymerized solvent in combination with a very small amount of ethyl alcohol as a carrier solves the problem of rapid evaporation of the excess (undesirable) solvent and at the same time ensures the penetration of the adhesive into the dentinal tubules.
- Does not contain acetone or other compounds that irritate the pulp.
METHOD OF USING:
- To increase adhesion when working on the enamel area of the tooth, additional etching of enamel areas is recommended before applying the adhesive.
- Unprepared enamel must be thoroughly cleaned with a polishing paste or with the intraoral sandblasting machine. Etching of the enamel is fulfilled with the help of standard etching gels for 15–20 seconds.
- The prepared enamel can be selectively etched to increase adhesion. Apply etching gel to the enamel, including the overhanging edges of the enamel. Leave for 15–20 seconds. Rinse well with water, then air dry. Do not overdry.