F&A MerFill Bond
Improved one-component adhesive providing excellent bonding to dentin, enamel, composites, ceramics, metals and amalgam stability, durability and versatility.
MerFill Bond is an advanced one-component adhesive system that provides one of the highest levels of adhesion among one- component adhesives. The adhesion strength of MerFill Bond to the etched dentin is 17-40 MPa after 24 hours (depends on the individual laboratory test).
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
- Adhesive system for composite restorations (including flowable composites).
- Adhesive varnish for “cavities for amalgam restorations”.
- Protective varnish for ultra-sensitive areas of teeth.
- Compatible with most photopolymer restoration materials and cements.
- Includes components (Bis-GMA, HEMA, phosphates) that provide high adhesion strength: to enamel – 26.6 MPa, to dentin – 26.5 MPa (after 24 hours).
- Easy in use.
- Long shelf life without refrigeration.
- Economical in use.
- Excellent bio-compatibility, the material does not contain acetone or other compounds that irritate the pulp.
METHOD OF USING:
- After etching apply the adhesive with a brush in the same way as varnish for cavities is usually applied.
- Cover the etched area with one or two layers of MerFill Bond in series. A single layer may not be enough. Do not rinse. Do not allow contamination of the working area.
- Light cure for 10 seconds.
- Then fill the cavity with a light-cured composite material or cement.
INDICATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS:
- In case of restoration of the V class cavities (cervical defects) the adjacent edges of the enamel should be beveled and etched in the usual way.
- Before etching dentin and adjacent enamel should be pre- cleaned with a polishing paste (free of fluorine), washed and lightly dried with compressed air that does not contain oil impurities
TREATING OF HYPERSENSITIVE CERVICAL AREAS:
- Clean the cervical area of hypersensitive tooth with prophylaxis paste and rubber cup.
- Wash the paste out with water.
- Dry with air free of oil.
- Avoid overdrying of dentin.
- Apply MerFill Bond in the same way as for direct restorations.